Home » Funny Stories » Signs That You Might Be A Canadain
|« Show Prev Story||« Im feelin lucky »||Show Next Story »|
Signs That You Might Be A Canadain
SIGNS THAT YOU MAY BE CANADIAN
1. You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines.
2. You're not offended by the term, "Homo Milk"
3. You understand the phrase, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just
spilled my poutine"
4. You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars.
5. You drink pop, not soda.
6. This doesn't bother you at all.
7. You know what it means to be on pogey.
8. You know that a mickey and 2-4's mean "Party at the camp, eh!!"
9. You can drink legally while still a 'teen.
10. You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike.
11. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba, it's a cheap place to travel with
good cigars and no Americans.
12. You get milk in bags as well as cartons and plastic jugs.
13. Pike is a type of fish, not some part of a highway.
14. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.
15. You know what a Robertson screwdriver is.
16. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.
17. Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.
18. You know that Thrills are something to chew and "taste like soap".
19. You know that Mounties "don't always look like that"
20. You know that the Friendly Giant isn't a vegetable product line.
21. You know that Casey and Finnegan are not a Celtic musical group.
22. You are excited whenever an American television mentions Canada.
23. You can do all the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram's "Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-doo"
24. You were mad when "The Beachcombers" were taken off the air.
25. You know what a toque is.
26. You admit Rich Little is Canadian and you're glad Jerry Lewis is not.
27. You know Toronto is not a province.
28. You never miss "Coach's Corner".
29. You know all the words to "If I Had a Million Dollars"
30. You know who Ernie Coombs is.
31. You remember when Alanis Morisette was "Too Hot To Hold".
32. You have memorized the Heritage Foundation's Heritage Moments, including
your favourites, "I smell burnt toast, Doctor", "You all know I
canna read a word..." and "Kanata".
33. You spend sleepless nights wondering if Peter Mansbridge and Wendy Mesley
will ever find again the blissful love they once knew.
34. You wonder why there isn't a 5 dollar coin yet, because you can really use
more change (You are already wearing your pants halfway down your ass and the
hair and three layers of skin is worn off the front of your thighs from carrying
your pocket money a around). The new coin should have a picture of a musk-ox on
it and be the size of a hamburger pattie and have fifteen different kinds of
metals in it, including poutine.
35. You know Ashley MacIssac isn't Celtic enough.
36. Your backpack has only one Canadian flag sew-on.
37. You have been on Speaker's Corner.
38. You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing 'u's
from labor, honor, and color.
39. You remember "Jodie" from "Today's Special" and wonder
why she reads news on CBC.
40. You wonder idly if there is some government cover up of a covert operation
behind shifting the shooting location of "X-Files" from British
Columbia to California
41. You know that a "Premier" isn't a baby born a few weeks early.
42. You design your Hallowe'en costume to fit over a snowsuit.
43. You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one metre above
44. The local paper covers national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for
45. You know 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction.
46. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.
47. You perk up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada"
48. You actually get this joke.
« Return to Funny Stories