|« Show Prev Story||« Im feelin lucky »||Show Next Story »|
alternate meanings for various words
The Washington Post publishes a yearly contest in
which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for various words.
The following were some of this year's winning entries:
1. Coffee (n.), a person who is coughed upon.
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight
you have gained.
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while
5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent
6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which
you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence (n.) the emergency vehicle that picks
you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified demeanor
assumed by a proctologist immediately before he examines you.
13. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his
conversation with Yiddish expressions.
14. Circumvent (n.), the opening in the front of boxer
15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you
die, your Soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Pokemon (n), A Jamaican proctologist.
« Return to Funny Stories